Wednesday 31 May 2017

Resources/Ideas for Digital technologies

It is interesting the development of the New Zealand Digital Technologies ideas. Lately the conversation has been around what resources do you use in class to support the ideas of computational thinking and design and develop digital outcomes.

I think it hasn't been always resources that enable the teaching and learning, but listening to ideas from students.
  • my fun stuff has been brief development where students developed a brief for new training equipment to develop a skillset in PE. (no specific requirement on any tech area)
  • my fun stuff has been technological modelling where students have been developing ideas around an app for developing skills with the primary school students years 4-6
  • my fun stuff has been technological outcomes were students made a stop motion video around relationships for visual text through an english context.
  • my fun stuff has been elements of design creating graphic novels through an english context. 
  • my fun stuff has been digital information using documents and sheets
  • my fun stuff have been digital media photoshop looking at students photo editing skills, collage development and incorporating mixed media to support the ideas required for level one.
  • my fun stuff has been sketchup recreating building around the hobsonville point for historical purposes.
  • my fun stuff has been developing a technological outcome for 5 years through scratch
  • my fun stuff has been programming through ardunio using the mindkits brainboard develop prototypes
  • my fun stuff has been programming through python to develop games through technological systems
  • my fun stuff has been digital information, creating guess who through mysql console for technological modelling.
  • my fun stuff has been digital media through developing simple websites using notepad++ through outcome development.
  • my fun stuff has been teaching students about algorithms, human computer interfaces, data representation which has covered a lot of technological systems.
I often look at the fun stuff and think about what is next for our students. 

No comments: