Monday 15 September 2014

RTC system

I had someone post a image of some quotes that I added to a discussion group in 2011. I was using an online moderation system, mypotfolio to put together my RTC information. This worked for me at the time, I had a school that was ICT savvy, then I moved schools. It quickly came aparent that the school that I had moved to was not ICT savvy and that there was issues within certain structures. My first appraisal I did online.But this did not work out the best solution. There was no way for my appraiser to take a photo copy of what I did, I had to print off evidence. Then I started thinking, I need to do this by printing off evidence, who is my audience. The principal and the head of faculty. I moved to a paper based system.

Now I see this post and the quotes, and I start thinking, I need to move back to a computer based system. It worked for me, I could add in evidence when I wanted. I didn't have to print it off and add it to the every increasing papers in my office. I have a photocopier that I can scan to, I have dropbox and google drive accounts. What I need is a system that I can add items to, provide a bot of commentary to and tag.

So tonight I start to look at developing my own system!!!


Registered Teacher Criteria

Professional relationships and professional values
  • Criteria 1: Establish and maintain effective professional relationships focused on the learning and well-being of all ākonga.
  • Criteria 2: Demonstrate commitment to promoting the well-being of ākonga.
  • Criteria 3: Demonstrate commitment to bicultural partnership in Aotearoa / New Zealand.
  • Criteria 4: Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional learning and development of professional personal practice.
  • Criteria 5: Show leadership that contributes to effective teaching and learning.
Professional knowledge in practice
  • Criteria 6: Conceptualise, plan, and implement an appropriate learning programme.
  • Criteria 7: Promote a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive learning environment.
  • Criteria 8: Demonstrate in practice their knowledge and understanding of how ākonga learn.
  • Criteria 9: Respond effectively to the diverse and cultural experiences and the varied strengths, interests, and needs of individuals and groups of ākonga.
  • Criteria 10: Work effectively within the bicultural context of Aotearoa NZ.
  • Criteria 11: Analyse and appropriately use assessment and information, which has been gathered formally and informally.
  • Criteria 12: Use critical inquiry and problem-solving effectively in their professional practice.

No comments: