Wednesday 6 August 2014

Charting data

I am busy working on a project at present to map result data from schools.

One of the cool thing that I am working with in charting data through google maps, though I have found some difficulty in this as google maps engine lite only allows me to have 100 rows of data, currently I am sitting on around 398 rows.

Working in the space I am also using charts to display the display the data, visually is more appealing that just looking at numbers. The google chart has been easy to set up once I read the code a couple of time and put the code I was trying to develop on the same page so I could see where I was going wrong.
https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/linechart

I think this is going to keep me up at night. It has and it has been keeping me occupied during times at work as well

Now I need to figure out how to do a three table join
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3709560/mysql-join-three-tables

The data has shown me a number of stories already, one that I have to work out how to share with non teachers as well.

I need to work out how to define the five separate strands as well as levels.

One thing that I need to consider is line vs column vs bar chart. I am going to have to have a chat with our head of mathematics at school to see which one I should be using.

One thing that has to be thought about is how the development of vocational pathways impacts on this. Is this a possible reason why schools are looking at these standards. Though I need to work out what standards relate to each vocational pathways. Are there standards that don't marry up.

No comments: