Monday 19 November 2012

Junior DIgital Technologies Curriculum

I am busy working over the two teacher only days at school both on Junior Curriculum as well as senior course design. This has allowed for some real searching of the NZ Curriculum as well as Technology Achievement Objectives. I was sent a copy of a junior course back in October, however with canteen being the focus and out of school I put it on the back burner.
Today I had time to work through it, printed it off and made written notes, these have now been incorporated and I must say For Level 5/6 of the curriculum I like it. The challenge and the projects.

This morning was sitting down with the DVC department and listening to what ideas they were looking at providing students and how they can use what they do at level 3 and work backward. I must say I miss this collaboration of ideas, it is very much what was happening at my previous school. Though I am thinking about publishing my course development and ideas as there are a few single person teachers that are in the same position that I am in.

No comments: