Tuesday 1 May 2007

Frustration

One of the things I am finding at the moment is frustration, frustration not only at my ability to teach a topic but trying to get the software to even run. To get Gamemaker running I have had to allow access to the students into a shared area of the network that is able to run .exe files. To get the Gamemaker program to run I have had to get Virtual PC going. Now I am in to getting Visual C# running, also on Virtual PC as the managed network will not allow it to run .exe files on the network. Now I thought that I had installed Visual C# Express on the Virtual PC when I copied it across all the computers in my room, but no, I had installed Visual Basic. Not what I was looking at doing at all.

Now I have to get 30 machines with Visual C# Express running by period 1 tomorrow, Fat chance of that happening. Why, because Virtual PC does not allow shares from Network folders, and it will take me 4 hours to copy the new virtual hard drive to each machine. I am now thinking I will take down the network tomorrow trying to get all this running.


Next time, do the job correctly the first time!


I could copy 24 cd's and do it that way...?

No comments: