Monday 21 May 2007

Assessments and Reports

Over the past week and this week is our school mid year assessments, a busy time for all staff and students. It is also the time I procrastinate, I just look at the big pile of marking and think, tomorrow, however as was told to me, tomorrow never comes. So as I sit here writing my blog the assessments just sit in back till Tuesday. Whats due next week, reports, hah. I suppose it will be a busy weekend, I think that is what is going to happen. Last weekend ended up with me filming a 1st XV rugby game that ended up getting called early due to a fight on the field and spectators joining in on the action. The footage will be going to the police and to the secondary school rugby council to see what suspensions will be carried out with the people involved. Also went mountain biking at Woodhill forest. The avanti track that involved for the first time this year the long ride, instead of the short ride. Maybe that wasn't a good idea as I ended up sprawled on the track with possible bruised ribs and a really sore shoulder. But I carried on till the end. Whether going to school today was a good idea I don't really know.

What else is happening at school. The deans are having to write down possible changes to how the deans do the pastoral care, but hey they signed a contact that says that they are that year level deans, so anything that goes through is null in void, I like that. The possible moving to 25 hours a week, 5 periods a day is still being worked through by the staff in the "consultation" format. It sounds to me that they may have already worked through what is gong to happen and that this is just lip service. Report, Reports, and reports, what fun.

No comments: