Wednesday 4 April 2007

Technology Achievement Standards

Now I am working on my year 13 web design project, I want to students to create a website based on a topic, kind of a e-learning meets Learning Object, as I see the Internet moving towards these not the brochure based websites that currently exist on the Internet, anyone with a WYSIWYG editor and some form of graphic editing can go and create. History of an area is what people are going to be looking for in the future, what changes have there been. Now there is a website called Living Heritage, http://www.livingheritage.org.nz/index.html
This is a education website that looks at various history of people, buildings, landmarks.
What I am thinking is getting the students to create a Living heritage website based on landmarks in Auckland. We have many landmarks, north head(an old fort), One tree hill and Cornwall park, Rangitito island, Mount wellington, and the defenses of the first and second world war. I want to find a way to include this as I think it is a brilliant idea to get the students looking at where they live and what there is to offer.

2 comments:

justanotheritguy said...

dude, that is totally my idea!!!

oneteachersview said...

Ok, Ok, I shoudl put your name on the Standard, however i did find a client that it is suitable for, instead of just developing it. Here it is for an education purpose. Livingworld